postmodern tucson

Thursday, February 23, 2006

topanga plaza: let's get retro

I recently fell in love with a hidden gem of a blog called Malls of America, a site that advertises itself as a treasure trove of "vintage photos of lost shopping malls of the '60s and '70s." And boy, does this site deliver.

For instance, look what we dug up here:



A significant portion of my childhood was spent here, although I don't recall the Topanga Mall looking quite as marvelous as this. Those cyllindrical tubes must have been taken out before I first cruised through in a stroller. What a fine display of Brady Bunch-era chic. More on Topanga can be found here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Napper said...

Schwartzie frickin rocks!

6:54 PM  
Blogger adam said...

oh, jimboy.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Dean said...

That is an oil fountain. They are closely hung (nylon?) strings with oil dripping down them

4:40 PM  
Anonymous merkur razors said...


Lots of Good information in your post,
I favorited your blog post
so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous organic-food said...


organic-food
I can`t make that rally (Jean)....I don`t need any information on the HST, perhaps I can attend a future rally, I did partake in last night`s phone town hall meeting with Adrian..

6:49 PM  
Blogger it outsourcing said...

Small businesses can count on us for IT Support, Cloud Solutions and IT Outsourcing. We always try to provide reliable, responsive IT help and cloud solutions in Manhattan with a personalized touch that can cost effectively.

IT outsourcing

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home